All are welcome at St. Andrew’s Church, Aylestone
On the corner of Old Church Street and Middleton Street, LE2 8ND
Rev’d Rowena Bass 0116 291 0021
Regular Sunday services: 8am and 10.15am
Sunday club for children at 10.15am in term time
Baptisms, weddings, funerals by arrangement
You can donate to St Andrew’s here
Note from the Treasurer
This year is likely to be remembered for the cost of living crisis, and significantly rising costs, particularly for fuel to keep the congregation warm in winter, will have to be met by our Church as well. Your continued generous giving is crucial and greatly appreciated more than ever before. As we look to the future and the implementation of the Shaped-By-God initiative it will be essential that our church finances remain sustainable. If you can give a little more to match increasing costs it will be gratefully received.
If you wish to make a donation then you can do so in the following ways:-
- By direct debit through the Parish Giving Scheme, for which you can now sign up for (or amend your giving) on telephone number 0333 002 1271. Please have at hand the parish code number 190619021 and your bank details. For more information please go to http://www.parishgivingscheme.org.uk.
- By cheque made payable to “St Andrews Parochial Church Council”.
- By a direct online BACS payment to the church account, St Andrews Parochial Church Council, account number 77068302 sort code 090151. Please quote ref “donation” in all cases.
- The church now has a card collection machine for contactless or chip and pin payments. This has been made available by the Diocese at a very favourable cost which has been generously donated by a member of the congregation. We need to make good use of it.
- Donations to the Church Initiative Fund can be made by debit or credit card online through the Church website standrewsaylestone.com and following the link on the home page.
Thank you very much for your support,
You can find our Safeguarding policy here Safeguarding
Our Parish Safeguarding Coordinator’s for both children and adults are Glenn Jones: 07504 98013 and Kathy Summerton: 07948 708580
If you wish to speak to the Diocesan Safeguarding Team, or to someone outside the church, their contact details are available here
The Church and hall are situated on Old Church Street in Aylestone.
We use a mixture of traditional and new music in church services.
The church is wired with a loop system for the hard of hearing. A wheel chair is available for those who would benefit from it. Toilet and baby changing facilities are available
Refreshment facilities are available in both buildings.
There is a car park opposite the church next to the Parish Hall.
Looking for a venue? Then why not consider St Andrew’s Parish Hall. This is a substantial meeting place that is available for hire, and can take up to 150 persons. There are ample car parking facilities. The sprung floor of the Hall is of high quality ballroom standard, and a number of dance groups meet here.
For availability and bookings, contact the Hall Administrator:Alex Bustin: 07513 281 908 or email: email@example.com
Church Of England Topical Prayers
Sacred Space Daily Prayer
Get in Touch
Rev Rowena Bass
0116 291 0021
St Andrew’s Church
Old Church Street
18:30-19:00 Soul Space
9:30-10:30 Holy Communion
8:00-9:00 Holy Communion 10:15-11:30 Parish Eucharist
1st Sunday of the month 16:00 Evensong